Monday, September 29, 2008

Chicago Artists Month-2008

Greetings All,

Next month is "Chicago Artist Month" and this town will be jumping with all types of events. Yesterday I install pieces for the Phantom Gallery Chicago at Murphy Hill. Works by Gwen McGee-Boyd (below), Gwen Jones. Also there will more fiber artists, painters, installation artists, and sculptures. Opening reception is October 4, 4008 from 1 to 5 pm.






Last night I hung some of my own works (below) at the Bloomingdale Arts Building, 2418 W. Bloomingdale. This show will also be an extention of the Phantom Gallery those participating are in this venue are Alpha Burton, Benyamin Maccabee, Jennifer Scott, Debra McLendon, John Song just to name a few. Opening reception is October 4. 2008 from 6 t0 10







October 18 & 19 is the annual quilt show of Needles and Threads Quilters Guild. They are one of the oldest African American quilting guilds in Chicago and this is quilt show year "Quilting in the city". I have several of my pieces (below) in this show along with at lease a 100 others. The show is at Fernwood Park fieldhouse at 10436 S. Wallace St.


I also have several of my piece (below) at an exhibition at the Urban Art Retreat at 1957 S. Spaulding. "U.A.R. encourages people to learn from each other’s differences while overlapping our similarities through examining issues of violence and inequity in our society. " Opening reception is October 4, 2008 from 1 to 5 at the Liz Long Gallery.



I'm so amaze that I will have so much work on display at the same time. I also have some works that are going places that I didn't know about. Two of my pieces (below) are on their way to Ohio. I have three of if my pieces that are in shows around the country and 3 of my coats being sent off to a show in Texas for next month. This is truly a busy time and if you are in Chicago at all during these events do come out and support the arts/artists.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...