Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gateway/The piece of the week.

Greetings All

For this week I have two pieces in honor of three women that I look to for inspiration from time to time. Makeba Kedem DuBose, Sonji Hunt, and Judy Coates Perez. Earlier this year I went to an exhibit at Concordia University celebrating Women's History Month With Art that featured Makeba. She had some prints she had done and I think they were called triptych. I made some fabrics that I printed onto using that type of process that I used to make my first vessel (left). It has some wonderful Sonji Hunt hand painted/dyed scrapes fused onto it and with the left over from that I created a small work called "Gateway" (below).

1 comment:

mkdubose said...

Peace Trish,

Happy New Year, and wonderful work! Thanks so much for the mention. I feel really honored.

Peace and Blessings,

Makeba

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...