Monday, June 25, 2012

Human Thread Exhibit update.

Greetings All,
Here is another entry for the exhibit next month at Human Threads. This one was created with hand painted fabric form my Play-Date with the Henderson back in 2009 that was done by Jamal and the title is Collaboration-VII (Jamal). I also used some of my hand dyed cotton and some photos that I took around town. "We stare from bedroom windows at boarded up homes and wonder about Travis, forced from the 'hood because his people couldn't pay" - Ramona Lindsey. I chose this line because Jamal parents, another set of neighbors and myself all lost our homes during the same time. I never thought about how this makes a child feel until I read this line in Ramona's poem. I hope/pray wherever Jamal/family are that they are alright.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...