Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Walking To Success: An Anthology of Black Hisory

Greetings All,
On Sunday I went to the "Walking To Success: An Anthology of Black History" celebration at Loyola Park Fieldhouse and ran into some of my favorite people. Below is the famous Al Tyler who's work I have love for many years. Al is a visual artist for more than sixty years and a graduate the School of the Art Institute and was also married to the grand Anna M. Tyler until her death in 2009. It was a good thing to see Al and great work.

Below I'm with another one of my favorite people, collector/promoter Robert Armstrong. We were hanging out with some of my "Darling Divas", smiling for the camera, and catching up on current events. Robert and Ms. Loretta Lee where there for Loretta to preform and to promote her up and coming show, "Remembering Billie Holiday". Loretta's performance at this venue was great and I know that her show for April 16th will be as well. So if you are in the area, do come out an support/enjoy Ms. Loretta Lee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...