Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quilting in the City/Piece of the week

Greetings All,

This week pieces are some that I made last week and didn't feature. They are simple in there construction, but I love the colors. They are sewn to mat boards and are ready to be frame. They are small parts of a larger piece that I'm working on and there are two more to follow. "Rays-I" (left) is created with my hand dyed cotton and some of Sonji Hunt's hand painted fabric and glass beads. In "Morning Dew-I" (right) I also used some of my same cotton, silk and purchased hand dye cotton. Glass beads were also added to enhance. These works measure 8 by 9.5 inches plus the mats which are 12 by 12 squared. I painted the mat before sewing the pieces to them. I've fallen in love with these little pieces of art.



NTQG show "Quilting in the City" was as great as always and well attended. You can check out some of the photos on their website at http://www.chicagontqg.com/ in their Flickr album. This is also my last year for being a part of the guild. Because I want to focus on my art quilting I'm moving on to more groups where that is their main objective. I will also way have Needles and Threads in my heart because I've learned a great deal being a member of this group and they have allow me to be a part of their history.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...