Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year new piece and new exhibit.

Greetings All,
I hope/pray that all is well with you/yours.  I am working on a new work for an exhibit that I was asked if I would be interested in participating and I was once I read about this all I could do was to say yes.  Art of the Passion brings together the creative work of several artists, each representing one of the Stations of the Cross. Their art is then displayed together during Holy Week at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Frankfort, Indiana.  The work of the artist is prophetic; their creative work has the ability to both comfort and challenge.

From the time we are young, we begin to imagine biblical stories coming to life. Whether it is the pictures inside a Children's Bible or a beautifully crafted stained glass window, art tells stories in a way that deepens the connection between ourselves, our faith, and our world.

The passion of Christ is the central story of the Christian faith. For centuries, this story has been retold and experienced in the Stations of the Cross.  Art of the Passion aspires to foster for artists and audiences a deeper sense of connection to the cross of Christ.  Art of the Passion features new artists and artwork each year. The exhibit is open to the public the week before Easter and is located at:
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
2029 S State Rd 39
Frankfort, IN 46041


This exhibit encompass my faith and my art and for that I am grateful and excited.  I will be using most of the fabrics from my "Parking Lot Painted Shibori" and that to is exciting to me.  Above are the chosen pieces and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...