Saturday, June 11, 2011

On The Road Again.

Greetings All,

It's that time of the year and I'm preparing for the "7th Annual Lake Meadows Art Fair". This year the fair will present "Her Legacy A Tribute To Dr. Margaret Burroughs". Dr Burroughs (below) was the co-founder of the DuSable Museum of African American History here is Chicago, IL and died earlier this year. The last time I saw Dr. Burroughs was at this venue, the first time I participated in an art fair was at Lake Meadows, and the first time a piece of mine won a purchase award was at the DuSable the first time I participated in that art. All of this was so many years ago and this coming weekend will have many memories, but all good. The art fair is:


June 18th & 19th, 2011


35th Street & Dr. Martin Luther King Drive


Chicago, IL 60616


11 am until 8 pm both days



So if you are in the area do stop by for some good art, music, shopping and stop by and say hello, I would love to see you.

4 comments:

Laura Wasilowski said...

Best wishes for good sales Trish!

Hand Works by Trish Williams - Fiber Artist/quilter said...

Laura,
Thank you and I do hope/pray that this month will be better than last month. Last month not sales and it rained and was cold. This weekend it is supposed to rain again:-) I hope that it dose not rain both days and not all day.

Yasmin Sabur said...

Hi Trish, we share some common history. Lake Meadows was one of the first fairs I did in the early 70s. I had a great time, sold some work, at that time storied batik hangings and artifacts, and found a rep - Hermine Hartman. Really good memories.
Have a wonderful time and I hope business is plentiful with many great opportunities.
Yasmin

Hand Works by Trish Williams - Fiber Artist/quilter said...

Yasmin,
It was the early 70s for me also with two small children who were my helpers. I had a great time every time and sales are not always the highest, but I love Hermine Hartman, her newspaper and her uncle's crooning (Johnny Hartman). Thank you for you good blessing and I will post pictures later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...