Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Piece of the Week and openings reminders.

Greetings All,
Here's one of my latest creation. "Lone Tree" (below left) this is a small piece that I enjoyed doing because I used strings from a blue-jean top that I made and when I washed it strings were raveling and needed to be cut and pulled. Hence I had a pile of string that I could used and it became the land at the bottom of this piece adding much texture.




















Also I would like to send out a gentle reminder of two openings this weekend. January 21st at the Peltz Gallery at 1119 Knapp Street, Milwaukee, WI will be the opening for "Visions, Voices, Viewpoints and Victories of African American Artists". Opening/reception with be on Friday at 6:00 to 9:30 pm and there will be Coffee, Conversation and Comfort Food on Saturday, January 22nd at the gallery and breakfast is free.

Sunday, January 23rd "Conversation In Stitch" at the Anderson Art Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin and the opening reception is 1:30 to 4:00 pm at 121 Sixty-Sixth Street. So if you are in any of these areas do check out these exhibits and my exhibit at Concordia University Chicago is up until Febuary 13, 2011 at the Ferguson Gallery, Kretzman Hall.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...