Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - Piece of the Week

Greetings All,

Happy New Year and I hope/pray that all is well. I also hope/pray that you have a great/safe new year and thank you for stopping by my blog. I also thank you for forgiving my grammar, my type O's and spelling. I copied that from Sister Stich Alot's blog and I love her blog and her posting this reminder of who some of us are. My intentions are to encourage, inspire and share and not to point out flaws. I hope that I have achieved that and look forward to doing more in this new year.



Below is my newest/latest piece. I've been working all week long on finishing pieces and they've thus far they have all been about jazz. This Sassy and she didn't come out looking like who I wanted her to be, but I'm ok with that. I will marry her with the James Moody piece that I created earlier and see what happen before I go to have my New Years tradition of Gumbo. Yes I said Gumbo. Not Collard greens, Black-eye peas or those other wonderful dishes that most of my friends will be having. My family and friends have been having Gumbo, steaks, and Champagne for our celebrations for the pass 10 years or more. So why change a good thing?




I also forgot to post those last two principles of Kwanzaa and do forgive me for that. Have a great day and much love/peace/grace.


Dec. 31st KUUMBA CREATIVITY - To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.

Jan. 1st IMANI FAITH - To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...