Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kwanzaa day 3 - UJIMMA - Collective Work

Greetings All,
Today is day 3 of the Kwanzaa and that principle for today is UJIMA - COLLECTIVE WORK and RESPONSIBILITY. To build and maintain our community together and make our brother's and sister's problems our problems and to solve them together.

With the collective work of friends I was able to have one of my pieces pick up to be in an exhibit at the Peltz Gallery in Milwaukee, WI. The piece below (They Make Me Feel Like Dancing) will be a part of "Visions, Voices, and Viewpoints" curated by Della Wells and the exhibit opens January 21,2011. More info to come and I am truly grateful to Della, Sonji, and Townsend for their support/effort in getting my piece there. I could not have done it without them. They work together with a sister to solve her problem and she's dancing:-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...