Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sapphire & Crystals Opening


Greetings All,

Sapphire & Crystals opens Saturday, September 11th at the South Side Community Art Center and "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it". Am I telling my age by quoting the "Pointer Sisters" and for those that don't know them look them up. Above is a sneak pre-view of some of the postcards by Joyce Owens and Juarez Hawkins. Enjoy :-)



This is month has started off with so much art. First the International Textile Biennial San Jose, Costa Rica"Beyond Category: Visions of Jazz in Fiber" and I hear that the show has been well received. "Some Like It Hot" in Evanston, IL is a show that's a must see and I've gotten good reviews thus far. Also this month there will be the openings of "Caffeine-IV" at Murphy Hill Gallery and "Midwest Meditations" a SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) group exhibit at the Bloomingdale Park District Museum in Bloomingdale, IL. There will be more to come next month which is "Chicago Artists" month and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...