Friday, July 23, 2010

View from a booth at the 25th Annual Ethnic Arts Festival in Evanston, IL

Greetings All,
I made it through another road-trip and I truly know that it's getting hard and hard for me to bounce back from them. I love meeting the people and educating them about what I do, but the packing, hauling, and standing is taking a toll on me.




The people are always the best part of doing these types of event other than the sales and they were very slim. I find that I'm still fascinated by people and love watching them. This group was standing outside of my booth and they were texting each other as they were standing there and I could not believe what they were doing so ask them and took their picture. Am I getting old or am I missing something?





Gwen McGee-Boyd (above) and her booth partner April Childress had a great weekend and I did come to realize that I it's time for me to move on and do diffrent things. They have out grown me and they support each other well. It was a great run, but now it's time to move on. I'm sure that I will see them around and I thank Gwen immensely for all of her support and help.
Some of my favorite things are hand dyed fabrics and clothing from Marion Anderson and her family (below). When I started out do fiber art I bought or traded with Marion for some of her wonderful fabrics and now I'm doing my own dyeing/painting, but I still get a kick out of her wears. Thank you Marion for inspiring me.


I have a great appreciation for stone and those that work the stone. "World Of Sculpture" owners Robin/James Napier were there with their great Shona sculptures (right) and there was also a native persons father/son that I've seen for years and can't remember their names, but I love the father's old corny jokes and their work (left). It was good to see them again.














I also met a awesome fiber artist that uses sweater (old/new) to create some colorful garments her name is Brenda Abdullah (below) and check out her design at http://www.brendaabdullah.etsy.com/. Love your work and it was nice meeting you. See you around.
Below are some living Divas that I just had to take their pictures. The little cutie on the left/right was just so adorable with her Dora The Explore back-pack that I could not resist. The two mature divas in the middle are two friends, Sylvia Cook (interior director/artisan left) and Milaka Jackson (artist/educator right) came out and stopped by to say hello.






I also noted how fascinated I've become with tattoos and how many people have them and all types. Here are some of the one that I did get photos of.



























This family (below) taught me that mom is mom always and loves her babies and this I know is true because I just found out on Face Book that my son has a new tattoo and he's still my "Fugy".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...