Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Art/Pig-Out!

Greetings All,

I forgot to post pictures of the feast that I went to where our hostess with the mostess prepared a wonderful salmon wrapped in Filo with sun dried tomatoes, pesto, and cream cheese. The salmon was so good that I forgot to take a picture and she served a wonderful green salad with feta. We finish off the meal with a delightful wine by Hitching Post and ice cream and cake. Below is a collage of the prep and ingredients.






The next things I forgot to post about were my new pieces added to my art collection. Dr. Margaret Burrough co-founder of the DuSable Museum of African American History here Chicago was passing out to all of the artists/vendors a signed poster of her-self and she's a spry 90 years young and still going strong. I will display it with another black/white print that I have of hers. Thank you Dr Burrough.


Above (left) is a wonderful poster by artist Arlene Turner-Crawford who I found out is a fan of mine. For the last several years I have donated a piece to the Muntu Dance Company for their silent auction and she's been the one biding on them and buying them. She gave me the poster because I said I was one of her fans and I love black/whites. Thank you Arlene I enjoyed to tour of your awesome collection.




Big Sky-VI (right) is the piece that I traded with Arlene for the last piece that I've added to my collection for now. Arlene created a mix-media piece to honor Betty Carter (below left). We both love classic jazz and love us some Betty Carter.




Betty is created from paint, shells, paper, beads, acrylic and one of my favorite gemstone Amethysts. Betty's spirit just sores and radiates from this piece for me and I love have it in my space. Every time that I look at this piece I can hear Betty sing.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...