Jamal's piece is finished and I didn't want to take away from his work so I just quilted heavely with Superior Primary color thread. Do click on the image for more detail view. This pieces was painted with Setacolor transparent, Tulip Slick, Tulip Pearl, and Tulip Glitter.
All paints were donated by Loraine Little and Michele Hardman, who I thank wholeheartedly for their contributions. Loraine also gave me the base fabric. I have decided to make this an on-going event/project not just with the Henderson, but with any child that shows an interest. The next piece that I will work on is Jamillah's and next Monday I have a play-date with my mentee who wants to explore fabric paint and I'm going to try to convince her to quilt it on her own. I will keep you posted on our "Collaboration Projects".