Monday, April 27, 2009

Metallic-V/Piece of the week.

Greetings All,

This past weekend I spent painting fabric for a new piece. I even enjoyed waiting to see what the color would look like after completely drying and no I was not sitting watching paint dry. I do understand more why some of my friends paint whole-cloth pieces. I used Setacolor's transparent Raw Sienna as the base color (left). Plaid's Antique Gold Metallic acrylic and Lumiere's Super Copper (center), Halo Blue-Gold (right), and Pearl Violet (bottom). I painted with a brush, paper towel, plastic, and my fingers. I love the affect and the back is even more impressive to me than the front. My piece is abstract in it's composition because of how it's going to be constructed. The cloth measure 53 inches square and that's the largest size I've painted thus far. Now I'm off to paint some paper that I want to add to the cloth and I'll post more later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...