Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SOFA/Piece of the week.

Greetings All,

The piece of this week is the sister piece to the "Landscape of Change" (right) piece that I created. I had a busy week and didn't get the chance to do much. I went to SOFA on Thursday night with my friend Judy Coasts Perez and we had a blast. So much great at to see. One of my favorite artist was there Woodrow Nash (below) and I was just in awe by seeing some of his new works.

I also fell in love with fiber artist Barbara lee-Smith (below right) I thought was just lovely and Karen Halt (left/center) had these little dresses that were painted, dipped in bees wax and then in resin were just darling. She also had done framed paintings that were done to match the theme of the dresses.







I also saw in person some of Twiga (below) great jewelry which I have only seen in books I love her use of big, bold beads and color. I returned to SOFA on Saturday and volunteered at the SAQA (studio art quilt associates) booth. I'm a new member and wanted to get out and meet some of the members. I saw Casey Puetz (below right) whom I know from PAQA ( Professional Art Quilt Alliance), Desiree Vaughn (below left)and other wonderful artist of both PAQA and SAQA. We were next to Fiber Arts magazine booth. Sunday Judy Coates Perez , her children and I went to brunch hosted by Prism and Function + Art Galleries in the Fulton Market District. Prism is all about contemporary glass and Function is about everything else. This was a art fill week/week end and my head is bursting with new ideas,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...