Thursday, August 14, 2008

Monthly PAQA meeting

Greetings All,

Yesterday Gwen McGee-Boyd and I went to the monthly meeting of PAQA. We both came away so inspired and full of new thoughts. I love this group and all of its years of experience in the fiber art/quilting world. I got a chance to see Gwen's collaboration piece "Good" and I forgot to take a picture of it so I will have to post later. I did bring my half "Evil" (right) and I got several great ideas on how to enhance it more. I also got some good info about "Quilting by the Lake" and will try to attend next year for 3 to 5 days. My life is not full with a full time employment at this point, but it is full with great art and I'm loving that. It help to keep me sane. I did get a chance to see many other wonderful works by PAQA members. JoAnn Deck had some of her great hand dyed/painted fabrics there, Lois Jarvis with her awesome Rust-Tex fabrics, kits, etc. and I saw more many quilts. Sharon Malec even had some of her wool felted pieces that were just fabulous. Next month, September 17, 2008 I will do my first trunk show/ lecture at the "North Shore Quilter Guild" in Milwaukee, Wis.. This is due to the thoughtfulness of Judy Zoelzer Levine of PAQA fame, she asked me last year if I had thought of doing this and I said yes so here we go. I hope/pray that this will be the beginning of a new part of life for me and I'm so very excited. So if you are in the area do come out, say hello and give me your honest opinions. Also check out Darcy Berg's Obama piece that she did for PAQA political challenge that was called by Michele Hardman.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...