Sunday, September 29, 2013

Galley Romain/Citywide Celeabration of Women Artists - Malika Jackson

Greetings all,
In conjunction with the Citywide Celebration of Women Artists  this week's featured Sapphire & Crystals member is Malika Jackson.

My focus has mainly been the female figure.   Through the use of various elements of paint, clay and wood I interpret a mood, feeling or emotion, with the use of color, shape, line and form.   I can tell a story of serenity, faith, hope, friendships and more.  Building upon layers of color or the use of flat warm and cool colors helps to draw my audience into a realistic, interpretative and /or cubistic female art form. 

Through the use of clay, I create form and movement-a cerebral and aesthetic link to the earth.  When I can bring a character to life, or tell a story by transforming a simple lump of clay to a third dimension, I get great joy and satisfaction through the use of this expressive medium.

I want my work to be my voice, to impact and move my audience to bring a smile, tears, joy and even for some-change; not only for now, but for perpetuity.   

           _ Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi_

 
 
 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...