Monday, August 31, 2009

Chicago Jazz Festival Art Fair



Greetings All,

This coming weekend I will be hanging out vending at the Chicago Jazz Festival. This will be a first for me and I hope/pray not the last. The art fair will be set up surrounding the north rose garden in Grant Park between Jackson Blvd and the famed Buckingham Fountain. I will be there for 3 days starting Friday and ending Sunday (Sept 4th, 5th, & 6th) from 11 am to 9:30pm each day and my darling daughter will be coming in from Georgia to lend me a hand and to just hang out with her mom.


The other fabulous artists/artisans in attendance are , Nnamdi African Origins, Wire Art Jewelry, Avril's Designs, Pretty Afrika Designs, Samsara Boutique, B&N Designs, Out of Africa, Ernani Silva, Cheryl Toles, Peter Hurley Studio, Sam Thread Art, Chester Allen, Patrick Crouch ("Official Artist"), Chris C. Crystals and More, Gallery Guichard, Third Generation Jewelers, Paul S. Benjamin, Kerream Jones, JJB Silver & More, Bayo Studio, Window to Imagination, Kit Enterprise LLC, and Semmerling & Schaefer Masks Studios.



The music line-up is great and some of my favorites are Dee Alexander, Esperanza Spalding, Fareed Haque, Muhal Richard Abrams, Von Freeman with the "New Apartment Jam", and Archie Shepp Quartet just to name a few. I am going to have a great time and if you are in town come on down to the fest and hear some wonderful music and stop by and say hello.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...