Friday, March 23, 2018

Art Of The Passion - exhibit.

Greetings All,
My latest piece was created for the exhibit "The Art Of The Passion" for the St. Paul Lutheran Church in Frankfort, IN.  I created a piece that honors the 6th Station of the Cross.  

Station 6: Comfort – A stranger courageously offers comfort to Jesus.
Veronica was so moved by the sight of Jesus’ suffering that she courageously moved out of the crowd to wipe the blood and sweat from His face with a towel. She was rewarded when the image of His face was transferred to the towel.
It is a suffering face, disfigured with wounds, yet it is the only image of Himself that Jesus chose to leave with us.
We can bring healing to the scars that hide the beauty of His grace from the world. We can continue to build upon faith and the visible signs of love and compassion.  (Matthew 25:40)


My piece is simple in its construction because I wanted to mainly focus on the message of comfort and I do hope that I have conveyed that.  I used some of my hand dyed cotton, gifted cotton, and Kona cotton.  Simple machine pieced and quilted.




St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 2029 S State Road 39 Frankfort, IN 46041

Stations of the Cross: March 25 – March 30, 2018

Closed March 31

Stations of the Resurrection: April 1 – April 6

Hours:

Mondays-Fridays: 3-7

Sundays: 12-2

Special tours or group tours may be arranged between the hours of

10:00 am – 2:30 pm, M-F, or after 2 pm Sundays.

Call 765.659.1615 for scheduling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...