Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wearable of a different kind...

Greetings All,
For the last couple of weeks, I have been working on some wearables that were new to me and some that I said I would not do again.  These weeks have been both enlightening and challenging.  Enlightening because I learn something about the Zulu Walking Warriors Org.  The challenges were reconstructing costumes which had been constructed with glue over tuxedo longtail jackets.  I broke needles both machine and hand, but I stayed the course and finished.  I made some lovely dresses that I didn't even take photos of because I just wanted it to be over. 

At the end of June 2000 I swore off doing any custom sewing, but I got in a need and went for this one.  However, I have learned that I have lost my touch and do not like doing this anymore and I got it.  So I am back into retirement mode.  Here are a few photos of the Walking Warriors tails.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...