Friday, July 27, 2012

Piece of the Week, FYI, and Updates

Greetings All,
People share all types of things with me and below are some of the latest gifts. "Following is an interview by Lydia Shepard, a writer from an organization called Sixty Inches from the Center, a non-for-profit group dedicated to archiving Chicago area artists. The files, digital and otherwise, are archived at The Harold Washington Library and are accessible to the public. I think all Chicago area artists should avail themselves of this service. The directions about how to do this are on their website. The people who head "Sixty Inches", Tempestt Hazel and Nicolette Caldwell are very professional and efficient. Check out their other activities on their website. There are so many great things happening in Chicago in the arts!"

http://sixtyinchesfromcenter.org/archive/?p=16644

I was gifted a box of buttons and was wondering what I could create with some of them and below is my "Piece of the Week" creation. I love the multi-color, sizes, and vintage of this piece and I've created three thus far and I working on others. I don't like turning down any gifts and want to show appreciation to the givers.



Below is a sideshow from our We Too Are Chicago opening at the Human Thread gallery. It was wonderful that so many came out and a good debut for our first time exhibiting artist Gerald Brown. Enjoy


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...