Sunday, April 1, 2012

Piece of the Week.

Greetings All,
The piece of the week is "Soaring @ Twilight". This is the latest in my "Blackbirds" series and you ask how many pieces are in this series? Well I'm not sure, but for now I must have them in my life. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I have in creating them.

This piece is simple in its construction because it's all about the color and the birds. I hand dyed the sky and the flowers were given to my by Clairan Ferrono who had wrapped one of my pieces in it to return to me. The flower print made me think of midnight and magnolias for some reason. I'm not sure what type of flowers they are, but I love them.

I've never seen birds fly at midnight, but I have seen them get their flight on at twilight or the Blue Hour. They are either starting or finishing their day and their silhouettes look so lovely and graceful against the skylight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...