Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moving On Update.

Greetings All,

I'm moving on uo to the east-side of Garfield Park and I've been busy packing, throwing away and giving away. It has been a long haul, but I lost my home to foreclosure, and I'm moving to the "Switching Station Artist Lofts". My new space is all about arts, actors, dancers, musician, painters, writers, etc. Creativity flows throughout and I'm excited about the possibilities of where this part of the my journey called life is going to take me.

In 1999, the City of Chicago invited Artspace to determine the merits of a potential live/work project in the Garfield Park neighborhood on the city's West Side. The focus of the investigation was the Roentgen School, built in 1906 as a telephone switching station. With its high ceilings, large windows, and central courtyard, the Roentgen was an ideal candidate for Artspace's first Chicago project.

Four years and $5.3 million later, the Roentgen School reopened as the Switching Station Artist Lofts. The building wraps entirely around its paved courtyard, which serves residents as a private gathering place and a safe play area for children. Other amenities include off-street parking, a fenced-in play area on the building's sunny south side, and a lower level suitable for meetings and other events. Apartments on the building's upper floors afford fine views of Garfield Park to the north and the downtown Chicago skyline to the east.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...