Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pieces of the Week.

Greetings All,


Here are two of my latest pieces, one is a commission and the other is a part of a new series of "Short Stories". The piece below (Cityscape-I) was created by the request of a new client that wanted a cityscape made in black, white, and red. I spent the week looking at black/white image of cityscape and skylines and finally come up with this. I thought about the colors and they reminded me of calligraphy, Japan, and simplicity. Calligraphy, black ink on white paper. Japan, the Japanese flag, and simplicity of this composition.






The piece below is called "Sun Down" and it's a small piece that I started at an event that I did last month with the kids at the "Focus" event at Highland Park High School. This piece along with other shall be framed in small shadow boxes (4 x 6) that I got last year and did know what I was going to do with them. I love the challenge of creating new "Short Stories" for these frames and this one has fabrics, paper, and glass beads.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...