Monday, June 1, 2009

Metallic-V - The Piece of the Week/Month

Greetings All,

Here are some detail images of the piece that I've been working on called "Metallic-V". This is a whole cloth painted mix-media that includes hand painted telephone book pages, hand painted Sonji Hunt fabric and hand dyed fabrics by Frieda Anderson. This piece was started last month and I'm not quite finish so that's why I'm not posting a full view yet. I was challenges to create a larger version of a small work and in doing this I am encourage create more of these soft-sculpted pieces. This piece measures 37 by 49 inches.















I will be in Appleton, WI on June 15, 2009 at the Darting Needles Quilt Guild, Inc. presenting P.I.E.C.E.S. my lecture/trunk show at the First United Methodist of Appleton - 325 E. Franklin, St. starting at 7 pm and if you are in the area do come by and say hello if you can.

2 comments:

Sonji Hunt said...

These more sculptural and painted pieces you are making are absolute jewels for the eye, Trish. My mouth starts watering when I look at them. Can't wait to see them in person. I am a bit partial to the painted surface....

Hand Works by Trish Williams - Fiber Artist/quilter said...

Hey Sonji,
Thank you for stopping by and leaving me such love/kindness. You got me hooked on this painted surface.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...