Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Season/Piece of the week

Greetings All,

This past week I got the chance to make a small simple piece for one of the young lady at church. Shle Michelle writes poetry and this piece was inspired by her poem titled "New Season". When she was reciting it in church this image was formed as she was saying it. I chose the color purple because it's one of my favorites and the 7 buttons mean completion. All of the fabrics were given to me by my friend Loraine Little and they were passed on from her friend Lora Faloner who died not to long ago. So this piece honors 3 wonderful women and I thank them all for adding to my art/life. Enjoy the piece and poem.


New Season

This is a new season and it’s time for some spirit cleaning. Throw away the jealousy, the hate. Try replacing it with some faith. The envy and deceiving throw it out along with disbelieving. This is a new season and it’s time for some spirit cleaning. Throw away all the selfishness and complaints, the ungratefulness then replace it with some thanks. Grudges and revenges throw them out along with unforgivness, because this is a new season and it’s time for some spirit cleaning.

Shle Michelle
11/01/08

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...