Monday, January 26, 2009

Quilts for Obama/Women History Month

I will be one of several artists that will participate in "The Women's History Month" exhibit Women in the Arts: Celebrating local artist for March 2009. The artists will be showcase at different locations around the city. I will be at "Harold Washington Library Center". My pieces will be in two location at the center, the "Thomas Hughes Library" (Children's) and also on the "Art" floor (8th). This is a first for me and I'm honored to participate.




"Quilts for Obama" (above) has been extended until July 31, 2009 at the The Historical Society of Washington, D.C and the posters are available on the website. Also my piece "Blow Trane Blow"(below) is a part of "Textual Rhythms" exhibition and that will be opening at the "American Folk Art Museum" in New York, NY on March 23, 2009. So far I'm off to a good start.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...