Monday, April 23, 2012

Maggie Weiss Thermofax Workshop.

Greetings All,
Sunday afternoon on April 22nd I spent a wonderful time at Maggie Weiss's studio for a workshop on thermo-faxing.  There was great food, drinks, and lots of creativity flowing and I had a grand time.

Below are the three pieces that I worked on and if the background fabrics look like you've seen them before, well you have.  I used some fabrics that I created during  play-dates with the "Sew What Art Quilters". 




Left is a soy wax batik I created using kitchen utensils and children rubber stamp.  The fish is thermo-faxed and I'm not sure where I will go from here.








The fabric below center was created by me using my hand dyed cotton and Setacolor paints.  The face is a drawing that I had created long ago and that's the thermo-faxed image.





The piece to the right was created on some of Lois Jarvis "Rust-Tex" fat 8th fabric.  Again I use my thermo-faxed image and I've started to enhance the image with fabrics paint pens and will post more later. 







Below is a small slide show of the group doing their thing and I hope that you enjoy it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...