Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IQF

Greetings All,

This past weekend was the IQF here in Chicago and I'm still in awe of some of what I saw. I've waited a few days to see how people were responding before I post. I don't want to offend anyone by posting pictures of some of the pieces that I like. I'm always amazed when I look at the pictures that I've taken and sometimes I wonder why I took some of them. They are favorites both old and new. The artists are Deborah Sylvester, Leslie Gabrielse, Inge Mardal and Steen Hougs too name a few.


Masters: Art Quilts:Major Works by Leading Artists" is the current exhibit of SAQA and it's just awesome. You can pre-order the book on their website and it's due out in early May although they had copies at the festival. The master artists included are: B. J. Adams, Pamela Allen, Eszter Bornemisza, Elizabeth Brimelow, Pauline Burbidge, Cher Cartwright, Hollis Chatelain, Kyoung Ae Cho, Jette Clover, Jane Burch Cochran, Linda Colsh, Judith Content, Michael A. Cummings, Chiaki Dosho, Noriko Endo, Nancy Erickson, Caryl Bryer Fallert, Jeanette Gilks, Jenny Hearn, Inge Mardal & Steen Hougs, Inge Hueber, Wendy Huhn, Michael James, M. Joan Lintault, John Lefelhocz, Terrie Hancock Mangat, Katie Pasquini Masopust, Therese May, Carolyn Mazloomi, Miriam Nathan-Roberts, Velda Newman, Clare Plug, Yvonne Porcella, Jane Sassaman, Deidre Scherer, Joan Schulze, Susan Shie, Ann Woringer, Charlotte Yde and Ita Ziv.


I met one of my favorites textile artist, Linda Witte Henke. I like liturgical art and vestments and Linda some of this type of work. Do check out her website. Other SAQA member I spent time with were Clarian Ferrono, Frieda Anderson, and Laura Wasilowski trying to learn as much as I could in a short period of time. Thank you ladies for sharing your knowledge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...